- What is your current role and what does it entail/what are your responsibilities?
My current role is Tenancy Management Triage Senior. My responsibilities are to oversee the day to day running of the Triage Team as we support and educate customers so that they can be independent in managing their tenancies. This includes promoting all of our Better Days offers which are open to all Orbit customers and offer free support on a range of issues including managing finances, employment and skills, mental health and general wellbeing.
- What attracted you to joining Orbit and what was your first role?
I was attracted to join Orbit as I undertook a career change and was inspired by the progression available, benefits and salary. I researched Orbit prior to my interview and was overwhelmed at what the organisation strives to achieve via The Customer Promise. My first role was a Customer Service Advisor in the CSC.
- How have you developed/progressed since joining?
After starting in the Customer Service Centre, I joined the Complaints Team then moved to the Tenancy Sustainment as a Triage Officer. I then developed in that role and was offered a secondment as Tenancy Management Triage Senior, which led to me securing the position permanently.
- How has Orbit supported you to achieve your career goals and aspirations?
I have been inspired by mentors and managers and have been fully supported and encouraged to achieve my careers goals. My peers and managers are constantly offering support and advice on how to develop and fine tune my skills to achieve succession within my role.
- What do you enjoy most about your job/what makes you feel fulfilled or proud to work here?
I enjoy working within the Tenancy Sustainment / Services sector as I feel it is vital our customers are aware of the responsibilities they have and the support which is available to empower them to sustain and manage their tenancies. I am incredibly proud of my personal achievements and development.
- What are your goals for the future, and do you feel that Orbit is an organisation that will help you get there?
My goals are to develop further and learn more about individual teams. Orbit encourages a one Orbit culture and I want to play my part in this.