A great place to work
We believe that our best asset is our people, and as such we want everyone to feel that they can make a difference and contribute to our vision.
We want to unlock the potential in all of our employees and maximise their satisfaction in their job. We have a corporate learning programme, opportunities for professional development, a leading reward and recognition approach and our people tell us this is a great company to work for.
Our people are enthusiastic and passionate about making a real difference to our customers and communities, ensuring our services and products meet both their current and future needs.
Everyone is seen as an individual with the freedom to think differently. Orbit is one team where everyone is connected at all levels and their voice is always heard. We encourage regular feedback from all our employees to help us be an employer of choice.
Everyone feels part of and contributes to the future of the business and everyone takes pride in what they do, the results they achieve and the difference they make. The bedrock of Orbit’s commercial approach of ‘Profit for a Purpose’ is our values. Watch the video below to see how our employees live our values.
Stars in Orbit
Our company awards celebrate the great work our employees have been recognised for by their colleagues, and the ways in which they are living our values. This year our 15 lucky finalists will attend a lunch at the Ivy in London where our Executive team will announce the winners.
Rewards and benefits
We offer an attractive benefits package for employees which consists of a number of core benefits plus the option to select and purchase additional flexible benefits to suit your individual circumstances.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus - the opportunity to earn a bonus if the organisation achieves its targets and your individual performance meets the required standards
- 23, 25 or 28 days paid annual leave (job role dependent) rising by 1 day per year up to 4 additional days - plus nine additional statutory holidays
- Contributory pension scheme with life assurance (with access to Benpal an on-line pension portal which includes an interactive modelling tool to model your contribution level and future benefits)
- Company sick pay (depending on length of service)
- Car allowance (where relevant to the job role)
- Reasonable business expenses reimbursed
- Private healthcare- employer funded for employee, with the option to pay for family members
- Recognition for long service in the form of monetary award and additional annual leave in milestone years
- Agile working
- Childcare vouchers
- Dental cash plan
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee discount scheme
- Option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Employee car salary sacrifice scheme
- Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted dining cards
- Health screening
- Home technology salary sacrifice scheme
- Employee assistance programme
Some of the additional flexible benefits listed above can be accessed via a salary sacrifice arrangement which means that the employee will usually make income tax and national insurance savings.
Training and development
We have a strong performance culture and value the knowledge, skills and capabilities our people bring to Orbit.
Last year we invested over £250,000 supporting 71 employees with professional membership subscriptions, 82 employees with professional qualifications and 226 employees with external training and development.
As part of commitment to our employees personal growth, we are ensuring that everyone has a Personal Development Plan (PDP). A PDP captures and plans how a person can develop the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to help them progress within their role and perform at their best. From coaching and mentoring to attending industry events and completing external qualifications.