Provide high quality, affordable homes
Our New Build Residential Policy and Design Standards go far beyond the Decent Homes Standards ensuring we meet customer needs today and for the future, and focus on five key elements:
- Accessibility - ensuring homes are accessible for the widest range of people
- Space fit for purpose - Orbit Homes house types meet the Nationally Described Space Standards (NDSS) as a minimum and are designed to Royal Society of the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) Safer by Design Gold Standard.
- Design - We offer parity of specification across all tenures where possible to achieve high quality, tenure blind developments.
- Future proofing - our designs aim to allow for the installation of foreseeable technologies
- Environment and sustainability - We aim to minimise the environmental impact of the homes we build, and the construction process undertaken.