Create a diverse and inclusive workplace
Committing to a sound Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) strategy is not only the right thing to do, but it also drives great business outcomes. A diverse and inclusive business means that we access the best skills and talent that enable us to deliver great outcomes for our customers.
Under our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) framework we focus on:
- Creating safe spaces and a sense of inclusion and belonging
- Inclusive leadership that role models inclusive behaviours and creates a nurturing and collaborative environment for colleagues
- Having a learner mindset that is brave to accept when things don’t go well and to learn from them
- Providing opportunities to grow, no matter your background
- Putting our customers’ interests at the heart of everything we do
Our Colleague Ambassador ‘super group’ comprises a team who are driven to help us build our thriving workplace community where everyone feels included, valued and heard. As well as being an ally to all, passionate about helping us to create a more inclusive and diverse workplace, our group offers a critical friend to ensure all colleague feedback is heard, and most importantly used as a driver for positive change in our journey to create a more inclusive and diverse Orbit.
We are committed to increase the proportions of underrepresented groups across our entire employee population and have implemented a number of initiatives to support this, from offering improved maternity and paternity provision and being a Voluntary Real Living Wage employer, to taking major steps to improve our employer brand to attract a breadth of high quality, diverse talent.