Orbit has launched an internal awards programme, in partnership with the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA), to celebrate its sector-leading contributions to Health and Safety.
Orbit is working with the RoSPA to deliver the ‘Health and Safety Excellence Awards’, which celebrate Orbit employees, developments and partners who have shown a commitment to health, safety and wellbeing.
The internal awards ask employees to nominate an individual, group or project which has shown dedication to keeping Orbit customers or workplaces safe.
The ‘Health and Safety Excellence Awards’ will be held virtually on Wednesday 6th October 2021.
The online awards ceremony will give recognition to Orbit employees for their outstanding contribution to customer safety and best practice, and will include guest speakers hosting sessions on health, safety, and wellbeing.
There are seven awards up for grabs, including:
- A Site to be Hold: Orbit Homes developments which have demonstrated excellence in Health and Safety.
- Best Practice: Orbit employees who have championed Health and Safety best practice in the business.
- Best Partnership: Orbit partnerships which have supported health, safety, and wellbeing in the business.
- Campaign Award: Orbit campaigns or products with health, safety, or wellbeing benefits.
- Unsung Hero: Orbit employees who have gone above and beyond to show a commitment to Health and Safety.
- Outstanding Health and Safety Contribution: Orbit employees who have played an active role in a Health and Safety process or activity.
- Team Initiative: Orbit teams which have come up with an innovative Health and Safety feature.
The launch of the ‘Health and Safety Excellence Awards’ comes following the announcement earlier this month that Orbit achieved two gold health and safety awards from RoSPA for the third consecutive year. The awards include:
- Orbit - Customer Safety: RoSPA Gold Award for health and safety practices
- Orbit - Health & Safety: RoSPA Gold Award for health and safety practices
These outstanding accolades endorse Orbit’s ongoing commitment to customer safety and best practice in compliance to deliver customers with a quality service.
Earlier this year, Orbit also became the first affordable housing provider to adopt the RoSPA Safer by design framework for all future new-build homes. Safer by design is a framework aimed at reducing more accidental deaths and serious injuries that occur in the home, each year.
Mark Hoyland, Group Chief Executive at Orbit, said: “Our Health and Safety Excellence Awards will shine a spotlight on our employees, developments and partners who have shown an outstanding commitment to keeping our customers and workplaces safe.
“They will bring together people from across our organisation to celebrate Orbit’s health and safety performance and showcase some of the fantastic work which is taking place.”
Click here for more information about RoSPA’s Safer by Design framework: https://www.rospa.com/home-safety/advice/safer-by-design